Flex &Rigid-Flex Capabilities
Rigid-flex circuitry provides a simple means to integrate multiple PCB assemblies
and other elements such as display, input or storage devices without wires, cables
or connectors, replacing them with thin, light composites that integrate wiring
in ultra-thin, flexible ribbons between sections. In rigid-flex packaging, a flexible
circuit substrate provides a backbone of wiring with rigid multiplayer circuit sections
built-up as modules where needed.
TTM produces flexible and rigid-flex circuits for commercial, aerospace and defense
- Type 1: Single sided flexible material with or without shield(s)
or stiffener (one conductive layer).
- Type 2: Double sided flexible material with or without shield(s)
or stiffener (two conductor layers) with plated through holes.
- Type 3: Multilayer flexible material with or without shield(s) or
stiffener (more than two conductor layers) with plated through holes and HDI.
- Type 4: Multilayer rigid and flexible material combinations (more
than two conductor layers) with plated through holes and HDI.
Flex & Rigid Flex Features
- 1-30+ Layer Capability
- IPC 6013 types 1,2,3, & 4
- Complex balanced & unbalanced structures
- MIL-SPEC & UL Qualified
- Acrylic, Epoxy and Adhesiveless Polyimide
- Silver film & sliver ink EMI shielding
- Custom Surface Finishes Available
- Flex Assembly Services
- Customized Forming and Fitting on Flex